Thursday, October 22, 2009

Windows 7 is out!



I don't suppose that there is anything else to say - the press has said enough today. All day.

Windows 7, by all reviews, appears to be the best version of Windows since Windows XP... which means it's better than Vista.

I've read a range of reviews, all saying it's the OS that Vista should have been - but interestingly, a lot are saying that XP is still faster, and more reliable than the 7 Release Candidate (which is not the one you're purchasing - but should be almost identical).

So, the question I've been asked quite often is - should I upgrade? If you're using Vista and you want a bit more snap, and you can afford it, yes. If you're using XP and you've absolutely no wish to have all the beautiful effects of Windows 7, I'd say no. I'm not anyway. I've got better things to spend my money on, and better things to spend my time on - rather than hours trying to get from XP to 7 (not an easy venture I've been told).

Anyway - you want reviews? Do a google search (I've included one here).
And you can try Microsoft's own site: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/

Have fun!

No comments: